Cedar Hammock Mission & Values
Providing Quality Service with:
PRIDE – COMMITMENT – COURAGE
- We display character through integrity, humility, trustworthiness, and ownership.
- We raise the standard with education and innovation.
- We exhibit pride in the appearance of our uniforms, equipment, apparatus, and stations.
- We lead by example in our accomplishments.
- We inspire others in our sphere of influence.
- We display passion through aggressive endurance and grit.
- We show respect to our superiors, subordinates, public and our ourselves.
- We preserve our culture and history.
- We take ownership through accountability by being selfless.
- We have fiscal responsibility.
- We train harder by being aggressive, relentless and dedicated, with a growth mindset.
- We are professional by displaying a positive attitude delivering quality service.
- We always search for the greater good for the unit and the mission.
- We engage in mentorship, moving our culture forward.
- We are driven by integrity and our word is our bond.
- We will display a positive attitude and defend the department.
- We are professional, constantly improving.
- We are quick to apologize for our mistakes.
- We accomplish our goals by leading by example.
- We stand up and are held accountable through selfless internal and external sacrifice.
- We demonstrate bravery through fearless passion.
- We display ownership and integrity by being honest.
The Cedar Hammock Way
- We do not lie, cheat or steal or tolerate anyone who does. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of ethics.
- We focus on others ahead of ourselves.
- We don’t talk negatively about people behind their back or tolerate anyone who does.
- We take personal responsibility for what we can do to solve a departmental problem rather than complaining about it.
- We are eager to learn and not afraid to admit ignorance in an area.
- We ask good open-ended questions to better understand (Who, What, When, Where, Why and How)
- We are willing to experiment with ideas outside the box.
- We take great pride in our department, equipment and uniforms.
- We set the tone in our attitude reminding ourselves of how blessed we are to be here.
- We initiate on work around the station.
- We stand in for leaders who are busy with other assignments.
- We are great role models and strive to serve each other.
- We are quick to volunteer for extra assignments.
- We use the power of peer pressure for positive, not negative.
- We don’t punish learners but instead praise effort and progress.
- We support and defend the Chiefs behind their back.
- We pursue perfection knowing we will somehow hit excellence.
- We are clear on our vision at the Member, Company, Battalion and Department levels.
- We do everything on scene and off with urgency.
- We don’t blind side If we’re not going to meet a deadline or standard we inform our supervisor as soon as possible.
- Persistence is our measure of our belief in ourselves.
- We are comfortable being uncomfortable.
- We assume we don’t always know the whole story.
- We never trash talk the department off duty with our family or public.
- We keep our issues internal and never take our laundry out to show the public.
- We learn from our past but are never defined by it.
- We are emotionally committed to the chain of command and department.
- We don’t criticize, condemn or complain or tolerate anyone who does.
- We put the needs of others ahead of ourselves. We understand that you get in proportion to what you give.
- We treat public funds as sacred. A public trust. We don’t waist resources.
- We train hard on the drill ground so we don’t have to bleed on the Fire Ground.
- We always have a good attitude regardless of circumstance.
- We understand that it’s not the mistakes in life that cause you pain, it’s the ineffective response to those mistakes that cause you pain.
- We understand that great leaders train leaders while they lead.
- We do what we say we’re going to do.
- We live to a high standard off duty which reflects well on our department.
- We understand that a mark of character is realizing you made a mistake and doing something quickly to make it right.
- We let go of the past. We don’t hold grudges.
- We are always pushing the limits of our comfort zone.